Friday 16 April 2010

Almost 2 weeks since I've blogged, mainly to do with internet connection problems, relaxing in a hotel and cycling on the Isle of Man.
Had a fab few days in Liverpool with Elsie and also hooked up with Harriett and Dean (sis and B-I-L). Got to do lots of tourist things, shopping, museums etc.
Had some interesting riding around Birkenhead and Liverpool, very busy, sometimes dodgy and stacks of oil refineries to navigate around. Great place though!

Hoylake LH, Wirral
Beautiful sunset over the Dee Estuary, Wirral
The Isle of Man was stunning and well worth a visit. Very mountainous and amazing Viking History. I didn't realise that there is no speed limit on the island. I got to cycle around the whole of the Island (approx 100 miles) and see all of the mainland Lighthouses. I also rode on some of the famous TT track and did a couple of radio and internet interviews for Manx Radio and the BBC.
The last 2 days have been pretty flat out heading up the coast from Liverpool to Isle of Walney (approx 150 miles) and I'm hoping to be in Scotland within 3-4 days. Weather has been perfect for cycling :0)
At the mo pics are taking up to an hour to upload each so ill stick some decent recent ones up soon when I get a better connection.
Quick but massive thanks to Keith at Eureka Cycles (outside Chester) for sorting the bike, Penny from Port St Mary for putting me up, Heather from Heathers B&B in Ramsey for recommending a good curry house, Mohammad from Ramsey curry house and Ian at Ancient World Chester.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment